The All-Party Parliamentary Group
on Key Cities
A forum for Parliamentarians and Stakeholders to discuss policy and matters of mutual interest across the UK’s key cities. The APPG works closely with the Key Cities Group, the network that speaks for urban UK, whose members include cities and significant urban centres throughout the country – north and south, inland, port and coastal, and areas with differing levels of prosperity.
Challenge and Opportunity
The UK's ‘key cities’ are the towns and cities best placed to develop and scale solutions to the societal, economic and climate challenges we face in securing a prosperous, sustainable and inclusive future for the country.
Our priorities in the current Parliament include:
– levelling up and inclusive development –
– climate and green growth –
– ports, trade and logistics, including post-Brexit adjustments –
– housing and rough sleeping –
– cultural investment and tourism –
– devolution and municipal government –